Job Title: General Operative
Reporting to: The Operations Manager/ Assistant Operations Manager
Speedpak CLG, trading as Speedpak Group, is a social enterprise providing work experience and training for people who are long term unemployed.
Our Speedpak Contract Services business specialises in providing customised contract packing and e-commerce fulfilment services to industry. Under our Shamrock Rosettes brand we manufacture a wide range of promotional products, including rosettes, sashes and badges. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of these promotional products in the Republic of Ireland. The business operates an online shop and exports its products. We also supply embroidered sports clothing.
The general operative role will work as part of the operations team in all Speedpak businesses, carrying out Manufacturing, Assembly, Packing, Printing and Distribution tasks.
- Achieving set production targets and meeting all relevant quality standards
- Operating Plant and Equipment; Maintaining equipment as specified under Standard Operations Procedures
- Overseeing goods inwards and outwards as instructed by management
- Adhering to Health & Safety guidelines and regulations
- Following the principles of good manufacturing housekeeping
- Mentoring staff on the work experience and Labour Market programmes with Speedpak Group
- Experience in Manufacturing, Assembling and Packing
- Ability to works well in a team
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- An efficient and organised approach to work
- Commitment to good customer service and quality
This position is supported by POBAL under the Community Services Programme (CSP), and you must be eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applications from:
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance, invalidity pension or blind persons pension or other disability benefit;
- Travellers in receipt of jobseekers payment or one parent family benefit;
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers;
- People with convictions who are in contact with the Probation Service;
- Persons in receipt of jobseeker’s benefit, jobseekers assistance or one parent family payment or the jobseeker transitional payment ;
- People employed from TÚS , Gateway, Community Employment and Job Initiative (JI) schemes;
- Former RSS workers who were previously Community Employment participants.
SALARY & CONDITIONS
- Hourly Rate : €12.65
- Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.00 Friday (39 hours)
- 30 minute unpaid lunch break
- 20 days annual leave
- Sick leave policy applies
- This is a fixed term contract for 1 year
- This post is subject to on-going Government funding under the Community Services Programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter either by post or email no later than 5.00pm on Friday 30 October 2020 with interviews taking place on Wednesday 11 November 2020
By post to:
Change & Development Manager
Units 5-8 Clonshaugh Business & Technology Park
By email to:
Strict COVID -19 protocols will be put in place for interviews to ensure the safely of all attendees. Those invited for interview will be provide with clear instructions in advance on the hygiene procedures in Speedpak . Masks and hand sanitisers will be available.
Speedpak is an Equal Opportunities Employer.