Job Title: General Operative
Reporting to: The Operations Manager/ Assistant Operations Manager
ABOUT SPEEDPAK CLG
Speedpak CLG, trading as Speedpak Group, is a social enterprise providing work experience and training for people who are long term unemployed.
Our Speedpak Contract Services business specialises in providing customised contract packing and e-commerce fulfilment services to industry. Under our Shamrock Rosettes brand we manufacture a wide range of promotional products that include rosettes, sashes and badges. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of these promotional products in the Republic of Ireland. The business operates an online shop and exports its products. We also supply embroidered sports clothing. For more information see our websites: www.speedpakgroup.ie; www.speedpak.ie; www.shamrockrosettes.com
The General Operative will work as part of the Operations Team carrying out Manufacturing, Assembly, Packing, Printing and Distribution tasks.
• Achieving production targets and meeting all relevant quality standards
• Operating plant and equipment and maintaining equipment according to Standard Operations Procedures
• Overseeing goods inwards and outwards as instructed by management
• Adhering to Health & Safety guidelines and regulations
• Following the principles of good manufacturing housekeeping
• Mentoring staff on the work experience and Labour Market programmes with Speedpak Group
• Experience in Manufacturing, Assembling and Packing
• Ability to work well in a team
• Excellent timekeeping and attendance
• Commitment to good customer service and quality
• An efficient and organised approach to work
• Experience in Sewing
• A flexible reliable and willing attitude
This position is supported by POBAL under the Community Services Programme (CSP) and you must be eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applications from:
- Persons in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit, jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family payment or jobseeker transitional payment ;
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance , invalidity pension or blind persons pension or other disability benefit;
- Travellers in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit or jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family benefit;
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers;
- People with convictions who are in contact with the Probation Service;
- Persons currently employed under Tús, Gateway, Community Employment, and Job Initiative schemes.
- Former RSS workers who were previously Community Employment participants.
- SALARY & CONDITIONS
- Hourly Rate : €12.65
- Hours of work: 8.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday (total of 30 hours)
- 20 days annual leave per year
- Sick leave policy applies
- This is a fixed term contract for 1 year
- This post is subject to on-going Government funding under the Community Services Programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter either by post or email no later than 5.00pm on Friday 13th September to:
Change and Development Manager
Units 5-8 Clonshaugh Business and Technology Park
A shortlist of applicants will be invited for interview on Wednesday 25 September (an alternative interview date may be facilitated).
Speedpak is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and by POBAL through the Community Services Programme.