The Social Enterprise Development Fund is offering cash grants and places on an accelerator programme to up to 16 Awardees in 2021.
The Fund invites applications from social enterprises that:
● Have a clear social mission that addresses a critical social issue
● Generate income from goods or services
● Are already up and running
● Reinvest any surplus into achieving their mission
● Have a not-for-profit legal form, e.g. companies limited guarantee
● Are separate from the Government and state agencies
● Have their main impact in the Republic of Ireland
● Have not already completed a multi-year fund with Rethink Ireland.
Full information can be found on the Rethink Ireland website at https://rethinkireland.ie/current_fund/social-enterprise-development-fund-2021/
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 5th March 2021.
Job Title: General Operative
Reporting to: The Operations Manager/ Assistant Operations Manager
Speedpak CLG, trading as Speedpak Group, is a social enterprise providing work experience and training for people who are long term unemployed.
Our Speedpak Contract Services business specialises in providing customised contract packing and e-commerce fulfilment services to industry. Under our Shamrock Rosettes brand we manufacture a wide range of promotional products, including rosettes, sashes and badges. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of these promotional products in the Republic of Ireland. The business operates an online shop and exports its products. We also supply embroidered sports clothing.
For more information see our websites: www.speedpakgroup.com, www.speedpak.ie and www.shamrockrosettes.com.
The general operative role will work as part of the operations team in all Speedpak businesses, carrying out Manufacturing, Assembly, Packing, Printing and Distribution tasks.
- Achieving set production targets and meeting all relevant quality standards
- Operating Plant and Equipment; Maintaining equipment as specified under Standard Operations Procedures
- Overseeing goods inwards and outwards as instructed by management
- Adhering to Health & Safety guidelines and regulations
- Following the principles of good manufacturing housekeeping
- Mentoring staff on the work experience and Labour Market programmes with Speedpak Group
- Experience in Manufacturing, Assembling and Packing
- Ability to works well in a team
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- An efficient and organised approach to work
- Commitment to good customer service and quality
This position is supported by POBAL under the Community Services Programme (CSP), and you must be eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applications from:
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance, invalidity pension or blind persons pension or other disability benefit;
- Travellers in receipt of jobseekers payment or one parent family benefit;
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers;
- People with convictions who are in contact with the Probation Service;
- Persons in receipt of jobseeker’s benefit, jobseekers assistance or one parent family payment or the jobseeker transitional payment ;
- People employed from TÚS , Gateway, Community Employment and Job Initiative (JI) schemes;
- Former RSS workers who were previously Community Employment participants.
SALARY & CONDITIONS
- Hourly Rate : €12.65
- Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.00 Friday (39 hours)
- 30 minute unpaid lunch break
- 20 days annual leave
- Sick leave policy applies
- This is a fixed term contract for 1 year
- This post is subject to on-going Government funding under the Community Services Programme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter either by post or email no later than 5.00pm on Friday 30 October 2020 with interviews taking place on Wednesday 11 November 2020
By post to:
Change & Development Manager
Units 5-8 Clonshaugh Business & Technology Park
By email to:
Strict COVID -19 protocols will be put in place for interviews to ensure the safely of all attendees. Those invited for interview will be provide with clear instructions in advance on the hygiene procedures in Speedpak . Masks and hand sanitisers will be available.
Speedpak is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Autumn 2020 edition of CCJ magazine by Seán Cooke can now be downloaded here for free.
Featuring articles on community finance, Brexit, beekeeping, the bioeconomy, Covid19, EU issues, the recent launch of SERI and a new social enterprise case study, this is a valuable update for social enterprise and urban and rural community regeneration projects in Ireland.
Note from CCJ:
“We are inviting our readers, project teams and organisations to submit articles with photos that inform our network on any aspect of social enterprise development. Any job creation project or voluntary community development that would be helpful to others. CCJ is a shared learning network dedicated to helping fellow organisations and projects realise their ambitions and objectives. Any information, idea, solution, contact of interest and value should be shared within our network.”
Social Enterprise Sector Welcomes Two New Support Funds
Friday 8th May 2020: A very welcome €40 million COVID-19 support package for community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises has been announced by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Michael Ring TD and Mr Seán Canney TD, the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development.
The package comprising the Covid-19 Stability Fund and the ‘Innovate Together’ Philanthropy Fund is being made available through the Dormant Accounts Fund which is specifically set aside to support initiatives which will benefit the most disadvantaged groups in society.
The €35 million COVID-19 Stability Fund will provide a level of support to qualifying organisations who are most in need and have seen their trading and/or fundraising income drop significantly during the crisis. The Stability Fund will be administered by Pobal in conjunction with the Department for Rural and Community Development.
The opening date for applications for this fund is Monday 11th May 2020. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th May 2020 at 5.00pm
Details and applications information >>
The €5 million government commitment to a Philanthropy Fund [‘Innovate Together’] will focus on supporting responses to the COVID-19 crisis that require innovative and adaptive solutions to existing and emerging challenges. The Fund will be administered by Social Innovation Fund Ireland on behalf of the Department for Rural and Community Development.
The first round of applications for this Fund will open on Wednesday, 13th May 2020 and close on Wednesday 27th May 2020.
Details and application information >>
Dear Customers, Investors and Supporters. Thank you for helping make 2019 such a success for the Speedpak Group!
Thank you to:
our Corporate and Philanthropic Investors:
Social Innovation Fund of Ireland, The Ireland Funds, JP Morgan, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Allergan, Allergan International Foundation and Diageo;
our Government and State-funded Investors:
Pobal, The Government of Ireland, The Dormant Accounts Fund, Coláiste Dhúlaigh College of Further Education, Northside Partnership, Department of Employment & Social Protection, City of Dublin Education & Training Board;
our Company Pro Bono Expertise and Volunteers:Afanite, Perigord, Definitive Solutions and Michael Lochrin;
…our Traineeship Industry Partners:
Allergan, Bewleys, Butler’s Chocolates, IKEA and Realtime Technologies.
We wish you all a very happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous 2019!