Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: 4 Point Scale starting at €33,259
Location: Dublin 17
A fantastic opportunity for a skilled person with relevant experience to be part of a unique, innovative social enterprise making a real difference to people’s lives.
About Speedpak Group
We trade commercially to transform the lives of previously long-term unemployed people through commercial work experience and industry-led training. This has resulted in better employment outcomes, resilience in the job market and financial independence for the 1,400 people we have employed and trained since our foundation.
We have two successful businesses: Speedpak Contract Services (providing contract packing, e-commerce fulfilment, manufacturing support and logistics services) and Shamrock Rosettes (creating and supplying custom prizes, accessories and customised sportswear for the equestrian and agricultural show sectors).
We operate to ‘a double bottom line’, balancing the need for commercial profitability alongside the needs of our long-term unemployed trainees. This is what makes us unique. It reflects our values as a business with a social purpose to end long-term unemployment for people living in our community.
A hands-on role which offers variety and responsibility. Reporting to the HR Manager, the role expands across Production and HR operations. You will support the supervision of a team of over 40 general operatives to achieve a high level of performance and development of a set of skills that have a strong focus on employability and progression to employment.
The CE Programme (funded by the Department of Social Protection) is integrated into our social enterprise to provide quality work experience and training opportunities to long-term unemployed people.
Key Role Tasks:
- Compliance of the CE Programme as it operates across the various functions within Speedpak.
- Recruitment and induction of trainees.
- Supporting trainees to achieve work and training targets.
- Planning and implementing workplace learning to enhance skills and employability.
- Career planning and job-seeking skills for trainees.
- Capturing workplace learning.
- Updating and maintaining HR databases.
- Supporting workplace Health and Safety compliance including fire inspection, safety equipment and manual handling.
- Providing reports and updates to the Leadership Team, Governance sub-Committee and Board.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- 3 years minimum in a Learning/Development role at Management, Supervisory or Team Leader level in a Retail, Manufacturing or Education Environment or Community setting.
- Supporting a safe & healthy work environment in both facilities and work practices.
- Sourcing and Evaluation of training.
- Recruitment and Selection.
- Managing budgets.
- Report writing.
- IT skills.
- Empathy for vulnerable individuals and jobseekers.
Education and Training requirements:
- Minimum of 3rd Level qualification (NFQ Major award at level 6 or higher) relevant to the role.
- Evidence of ongoing training and upskilling.
What we are offering:
An opportunity to work in an award-winning social enterprise to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
- A salary package starting at Point 1 of the Department of Social Protection’s 4 point supervisory scale.
(€33,295 increasing to €40,170 at Point 4).
- 20 days annual leave plus up to 2 additional company days for Christmas closing.
- Paid sick leave.
- Additional Benefits.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above by the closing date, Wednesday 8th June 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. First round interviews will be held the week of 6 June.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact us on 01 867 1707. We are happy to take your call.