Speedpak uses a business model to engage in economic activity to deliver social impact on Dublin’s Northside. As a commercial enterprise we focus on providing top quality products and service to hundreds of Customers. Operating for over 25 years, we have two successful businesses: Speedpak Contract Services providing contract packing, fulfilment, manufacturing support and logistics services, and Shamrock Rosettes creating and supplying custom prizes, accessories and customised embroidered and printed sportswear.
As a social enterprise, we focus on improving the employability of long-term unemployed people by providing real work experience, accredited training, mentoring, tailored interventions and supports in a commercial business environment. We know that the combination of trading and training transforms lives.
The Role of Customer Care /Administrator
Working as part of the Customer Care Team to provide:
- excellent customer care and support across Speedpak’s commercial and training businesses;
- admin support to our Reception, HR, Sales and Finance Functions so that we can provide quality services to our customers, and quality training opportunities to long-term unemployed people.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
(1) Customer Care
- Handling sales enquiries across the Company’s businesses
- Making and receiving sales related calls
- Contacting customers to arrange outstanding payments to be made
- Providing sales cover for absences
- Welcoming visitors to Speedpak in a professional and courteous manner and directing them appropriately
- Ensuring that all visitors sign in on arrival and sign out when leaving
- Directing calls to the correct person and taking accurate phone messages
- Distributing incoming post to staff and ensuring post out is stamped and posted on time
- Sales invoicing and updating accounts software
- Stock checking and ordering stationary supplies
- Managing, reporting on, and maintaining accurate record systems
- Supporting the updating of Company Policies, Procedures and Reports
- Supporting the submission of applications/documentation to Funders and Regulators
The Ideal candidate will:
- have at least 1 year’s experience in an administrative or Customer Care role
- be confident and competent in using IT
- be able to work positively and productively in a Team
- have an efficient and organised approach to work
- pay attention to detail
- have problem solving experience
This position is supported by POBAL under the Community Services Programme (CSP), and you must be eligible
to apply. The following groups are a priority for employment under CSP:
- People who are in the workforce but unemployed and seeking to return to work; i.e. people who are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseekers Assistance (JA), or people who are signing on for credits
- Qualified Adults (adult dependants of those in receipt of a social welfare payment)
- People With Disabilities (PWD) in receipt of Disability Allowance, Blind Pension, Partial Capacity Benefit or other disability benefit;
- Ex-prisoners or people with a criminal conviction and in contact with the Probation Service
- Asylum Seekers
- Irish Travellers
- People coming from a labour activation scheme i.e. Community Employment (CE) TUS, or Rural Social Scheme (RSS) Placements
- One Parent Families (people who parent alone without sufficient resources and are in receipt of social welfare payments
- People who are deserted, separated, divorced or widowed (people in receipt of Widow’s/widower’s non-contributory pension, surviving Civil Partners’ non-contributory pension, or deserted Wives allowance/benefit)
- Carers (people in receipt of Carers Allowance/Benefit who want to return to the workforce)
- People who are homeless
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers
- Ukrainians – displaced by the war
Terms and Conditions
- 37.5 hours per week. 9.00am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
- 30 minute unpaid lunch break each day
- 20 days annual leave
- Sick leave policy applies
- This post is subject to on-going Government funding under POBAL’s Community Services Programme.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above by the closing date, Friday 28 April 2023 at 5pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview the week of 8 May 2023.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact us on 01 867 1707. We are happy to take your call.