Would you like to make a big impact on people’s lives by working for an organisation with a strong social purpose, where you will be given a high level of autonomy to make your own decisions in running the Operations Department? We have a vacancy for an Operations Manager that could be the perfect job for you!
Speedpak CLG, an award-winning Dublin-based social enterprise, is recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled person with a commercial background to be part of a unique, innovative organisation that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
Speedpak uses a business model to engage in economic activity to deliver social impact on Dublin’s Northside. As a commercial enterprise we focus on providing top quality products and service to hundreds of B2B and B2C Customers. Operating for over 25 years, we have two successful businesses: Speedpak Contract Services providing contract packing, fulfilment, manufacturing support and logistics services, and Shamrock Rosettes creating and supplying custom prizes, accessories and customised embroidered and printed sportswear.
As a social enterprise we focus on improving the employability of long-term unemployed people by providing real work experience, accredited training, mentoring, tailored interventions and supports in a commercial business environment. We know that the combination of trading and training transforms lives. Transformative in that trainees secure greater financial independence through employment, and job resilience through quality work experience and training. Since our foundation we have employed and trained over 1,400 people with impressive progression rates into further education and employment.
The Operations Manager Role
Reporting to the CEO, this is a hands-on role. The successful candidate will direct and manage all commercial operations activity in line with quality standards and cost objectives, to provide quality products and services for our customers and training opportunities to long-term unemployed people.
The role includes:
- Managing a team of general operatives.
- Planning, scheduling and fulfilment of commercial contracts.
- Facilities Management.
- Ensuring Quality of Products and Services.
- Recording, monitoring and reporting of operations activity.
- Responsible for the purchase of raw materials, cost effectively and on time to meet production needs.
- Overseeing and innovating production processes including packing, warehousing, storage, machinery.
- Identifying production opportunities that align with the training and work experience needs of long-term unemployed people.
- Supporting the development of new business.
- Customer Support.
- Providing responsive, bespoke production solutions to ensure each customer’s needs are met in terms of volume, quality, time and cost.
- Managing positive customer relationships and retaining business.
Health and Safety
- Risk Assessment and management.
- Staff Health & Safety Training.
- Updating the Health and Company’s Safety Statement.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have
- minimum of QQI Level 5 (e.g. Leaving Certificate) or equivalent Industry qualifications (e.g. Apprenticeship)
- ten years experience in an operations or manufacturing environment. This might include: manufacturing, warehousing, logistics and/or retail
- at least two years in a Management/Supervisory position with responsibility for a number of direct reports and overseeing staff work and performance
- at least two years experience in using data driven manufacturing systems
In addition it is desirable if the candidate has
- Lean Six-Sigma manufacturing qualifications to ISO 18404 standard [i.e. Yellow Belt, Green Belt or Black Belt trained]
- excellent people management skills
- completed ongoing learning and upskilling in a relevant area
- experience using software and systems that support the operation e.g. CRM software; E-commerce Fulfilment Platforms; APIs
- an adaptive/supporting style of Leadership
- experience solving problems
What we are offering
- An opportunity to work in an award-winning Social Enterprise and make a real difference to people’s lives.
- Being part of a team of highly skilled, innovative and creative people who care.
- A negotiable Salary and Benefits package.
To apply for this Role
Please forward a CV detailing your experience, skills and qualification together with a one-page letter outlining why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th September 2022 at 5:00pm.
We are happy to take a call from you (at 01 867 1707) to answer any questions you might have about this role.
“Speedpak embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. It is part of who we are and what we do. Our success comes from a workforce that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We know from our experience that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be”.