At Speedpak we are currently focussing on those parts of our commercial business that are deemed essential. We are proud to play a part in this national effort by helping to ensure working supply chains and distribution channels for disposable food trays and containers and for PPE equipment, with particular emphasis on the needs of the medical sector.
The safety of our staff and the wider community is paramount. As a consequence we are operating with reduced staff levels to ensure we can operate recommended social distancing in the workplace, while at the same time providing contract packing and fulfilment service to our customers.
We have facilitated home-working for those of our staff who undertake administration, finance, training and communications and we continue to provide support to our customers by email and telephone at 01 867 1707 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to work towards our strategic objectives to support our community by:
- Maintaining regular contact and providing support to our 50 trainees on our labour market programmes, Community Employment & TÚS
- Continuing to meet good governance requirements with Board and Sub Committee meetings being held remotely
- Updating our partners – State, Corporate & Philanthropic Investors and Community on our activity and experience managing our way through this challenging period
- Planning for post Covid-19. With unemployment set to reach 28% nationally, we’re planning on how we can provide over 100 work experience and training opportunities to people who have lost their jobs. We will offer industry led training and work experience to update their skills, maintain their confidence and self esteem and help them stay connected to the labour market until such time as more jobs are created in the economy.
It goes without saying that this is a difficult time for everyone. We greatly appreciate the hard work of our staff and the input from our customers, suppliers, neighbours, investors and industry partners.
We offer heartfelt thanks to all those people who are working so tirelessly in so many professions to protect the health and wellbeing of our communities.
Stay safe and stay well!
We have put the following procedures in place:
- We have published a comprehensive and regularly-updated employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is provided to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19 in accordance with Irish government, HSE and WHO guidelines.
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a set of procedures for thoroughly and regularly sanitising these points.
- We have posted a set of highly visible, strategically-placed information panels in our warehouses and in bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- We provide a sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, sanitiser stations, gloves, masks, paper towels and disinfectant materials.