To celebrate the launch in July 2019 of the National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022 Speedpak is offering you the opportunity of winning one of 20 copies of Senan Cooke’s The Enterprising Community.
Dr. Senan Cooke, a former Kilkenny hurler, is passionate about social enterprise and harnessing the strengths of local communities.
Subtitled “A bottom-up perspective on the capacity of communities to regenerate”, this book is an extensive and accessible source of practical information for anyone wishing to assess, develop and leverage the social and economic potential of their community.
- an outline of the types of community development projects (including volunteering, asset-based community development, social innovation and social enterprise projects)
- a directory of resources and recommendations for enterprising communities wishing to research and establish such a project
- the history and context of communities and community development in Ireland
- 21 case studies on social and economic innovation and regeneration in communities throughout Ireland
- an audit template for assessing assets and enterprise opportunities within a community that will assist in the creation of 10 jobs
The Enterprising Community provides a valuable roadmap for informing, inspiring and empowering any social enterprise or community project.
To be in with a chance of receiving a free copy of The Enterprising Community, you must correctly answer the questions below and email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 12th September 2019.
- Where was the National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022 launched?
- How many policy objectives are there in the National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022?
- Name one of the policy objectives.
Information on the National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022 can be found at https://speedpakgroup.com/publication-of-the-first-social-enterprise-policy-for-ireland/ where you can also download a copy of the Policy in PDF fromat.
Winners will be chosen by draw. Information provided by respondents will not be used by Speedpak for marketing purposes nor will it be provided to third parties.