Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: 4 Point Scale starting at €33,259
Location: Dublin 17
About Speedpak CLG
Speedpak CLG, is a social enterprise trading as Speedpak Group, Speedpak Contract Services and Shamrock Rosettes. Our social impact is built on collaborations with Corporate and Philanthropic investors, Government and state funded investors, Company pro bono expertise and volunteers. We trade commercially to transform the lives of previously long-term unemployed people through commercial work experience and industry-led training. This has resulted in better employment outcomes, resilience in the job market and financial independence for the 1,400 people we have employed and trained since our foundation.
We have two successful businesses: Speedpak Contract Services (providing contract packing, e-commerce fulfilment, manufacturing support and logistics services) and Shamrock Rosettes (creating and supplying custom prizes, accessories and customised sportswear for the equestrian and agricultural show sectors).
We operate to ‘a double bottom line’, balancing the need for commercial profitability alongside the needs of our long-term unemployed trainees. This is what makes us unique. It reflects our values as a business with a social purpose to end long-term unemployment for people living in our community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled person with relevant experience to be part of a unique, innovative social enterprise making a real difference to people’s lives.
A hands-on role which offers variety and responsibility. Reporting to the HR Manager, the role expands across Production and HR operations. You will support the supervision of a team of over 40 trainee general operatives to achieve a high level of performance, and develop skills with a strong focus on employability and progression to employment.
The CE Programme (funded by the Department of Social Protection) is integrated into our social enterprise to provide quality work experience and training opportunities to long-term unemployed people.
Key Role Tasks:
- Compliance of the CE Programme across the various functions within Speedpak.
- Recruitment and induction of trainees.
- Supporting trainees to achieve work and training targets.
- Planning and implementing workplace learning to enhance skills and employability.
- Career planning and job-seeking skills for trainees.
- Capturing workplace learning.
- Updating and maintaining HR databases.
- Supporting workplace Health and Safety compliance.
- Providing reports to the Leadership Team, Governance sub-Committee and Board.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 3 years in a Learning/Development role at Management, Supervisory or Team Leader level in a Retail, Manufacturing, Education Environment or Community setting.
- Supporting a safe & healthy work environment in both facilities and work practices.
- Sourcing and Evaluation of training.
- Recruitment and Selection.
- Managing budgets.
- Report writing.
- IT skills.
- Empathy for vulnerable individuals and jobseekers.
Education and Training requirements:
- 3rd Level qualification (Level 6 or higher NFQ Major award) relevant to the role.
- Evidence of ongoing training and upskilling.
What we are offering:
An opportunity to work in an award-winning social enterprise and make a positive difference to people’s lives.
- A salary package starting at Point 1 of the Department of Social Protection’s 4 point supervisory scale. (€33,295 increasing to €40,170 at Point 4).
- 20 days annual leave plus up to 2 additional company days for Christmas closing.
- Paid sick leave scheme.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a one-page cover letter,
explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above, by the closing date, Wednesday 26 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
First round interviews will be held the week of 8 May.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact us on 01 867 1707. We are happy to take your call.
Speedpak is an equal opportunities employer and positive to disabilities